By now, we have all heard of SEO optimization and we have to use it to ensure we get higher rankings in the search engines.
It is even used in internet marketing campaigns.
How does it help? The search engines look at several factors when deciding the ranking of your pages. SEO helps them find these factors, including links.
By making your blog posts SEO friendly and optimized the search engines will find them easier and rank them higher than if they are not SEO friendly.
Why you need SEO
SEO is a must if you want the search engines to find your site and rank it high.
When you use graphics, pictures, or logos the search engines have no idea what they are unless you make sure to use the Alt tag and Title tag. If you add images that based on SEO words your Alt tag and Title tag can contain SEO friendly words.
SEO helps with links to your site as well. The links that come into your site help the search engines determine the position it has in the search results for search users.
The links that come in make your content more trustworthy and authoritative on your product, industry, or service.
You must realize that while SEO is important that the content itself must be informative and have value, to begin with.
If you post a bunch of fluff without much value or information that is packed with SEO key search words it will only harm your rankings in the search engines as it will be labeled as spam.
Remember that SEO is not itself internet marketing, but a tool that you use to do a complete internet marketing campaign.
If you wish to brush up on your SEO visit moz.com.
10 Tips that is essential to SEO blog posts
If you own a blog or write for one, you need to make sure your blog posts are SEO optimized and friendly. This helps get your blog higher ranking in the search engines and searchers to see your posts.
Here are 10 tips to help you make your blog posts SEO friendly.
- Do your keyword research. Find out what search terms or keywords are being used. Keep track of how many times you use the keywords in your posts, and track the where your pages rank for the keywords you used. If you need help figuring out what your keywords should be, try UbberSuggest or SEOsiteCheckup.
- Create an outline for your post, introduction, body, and conclusion. Add in the points you wish to make. If you do this before you start writing, it will help keep you on topic and provide value in your posts.
- Use paragraphs and subheadings. Paragraphs should be 3 to 4 sentences long. Sentences should be short. This allows readers to scan your page for exactly what they are looking for.
- Use longer keyword phrases; instead of chocolate try milk chocolate with almonds. Another example diapers, use instead soft cloth diapers or no leak disposable diapers. This is because the longer keyword phrases are more relevant to the searcher.
- Vary the length of posts. 600 to 1500 words when varying a length of posts is a good variance to go with. The longer the post the more in depth you can go on a subject. 600 words can be informative but 1500 words can provide much more information and value when it comes to the search engines and the algorithms that run the search engines.
- Link to the previous post on the same topic. This helps people find your previous posts, which can provide them with more information and value. It also helps the search engines when they crawl your site to know what pages are important.
- Link to helpful outside sources such as domains like .edu, .gov, or sites like Wikipedia. The reason to do this is; one it helps your readers find other helpful information and two it shows the search engines you are truly trying to provide informative helpful content.
- Make sure that your titles are attention grabbers this will get people sharing them on social media as well. Just look at the covers of magazines and tabloids the next time you are in the grocery store checkout line and you will find titles like “4 simple steps to a flatter belly” or “8 money-saving tips for eating out”.
- Remember to make your content up to date so that it is something people want to read about. Also remember to do green content as well, this type of content has no expiration date.
- Post consistently. It is a good idea to use a software program that helps you schedule, manage, and prioritizes your postings. When you post content that has value consistently, people see that you are trustworthy in your industry.
If you follow these 10 you will be sure to have SEO friendly optimized blog posts for your blog.
SEO is a tool in marketing campaigns
It seems that some people can get a little confused when it comes to SEO and marketing campaigns.
SEO itself is not the marketing campaign, merely one of the many tools you can use to help your internet marketing.
Other tools include;
- Project management and collaboration.
- File management.
- Social media management.
- Visual content tools.
Those are just a few, that work with SEO and others to make a complete and full internet marketing campaign. Looking for more tools for internet marketing visit Search Engine Journal?
It is important to understand what SEO is for, why it is used, and how it is used.
By posting SEO optimized posts in your blog will help bring new readers and potential conversion of customers.
The SEO posts also help the search engines find your blog and help rate it in the search engine rankings.
SEO posts also help you get shared on social media such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and so on.