Many software available in the market for creating a photo but I recommend Adobe Photoshop for this every photo work.At least every people need passport photo for the various task such online form filling, for passport, ID card or any other govt. id. So I will tell you how to make a passport size photo at your home in a fast and easy way. You can easily create passport size photo in a various way. So we can start step by step.
Passport Size Photo in Pixel in Inch
You can create your photo in pixel or inch. But mostly photographer use inch for making a photo. Because photographer knows the inch size. So I would be recommended to use inches.
Make Passport Size Photo Manually
- Go to file menu and click on open, after that open a photo that you want to work on.
- Not every photo looks goods, so we need some adjustment to make a photo look better. We don’t use every tool in this tutorial, you can personally check out these all tools. We can use only important tools. So, go to image > adjustment > curve tool or Press (shortcode M) for this tool. After that, a curve tool will open.
- You will find many options in this tool. Every option is important of this tool. The first option preset, you can check the preset option by yourself or see if you need to use it. the next option is the channel, this option is very important for all beginner, intermediate or professional Photoshop artist. For make your photo brighter or darker you can choose RGB (Red, Green, Blue) and move the curve tool to make your photo brighter or darker. If you want to give the feel red, green or blue to your photo, just change the channel mode from RGB to Red, green or blue and move the curve tool according to your need.
- Go to image > adjustment > Brightness/contrast
- to make your photo brighter.
- Another important tool is Level. I use the level tools for shining the photo. Go to image > adjustment > level, a level tool will open. You can use this tool according to your need.
- Go to crop tools (c) and enter the width 1.2 cm and height 1.5 cm and resolution 300 in the open bar. You can find the options bar on the top side.
- Go to file menu again and click on the new file. A new file dialogue box will open. You can enter your photo paper size. The most used passport size photo dimensions is 2×2, 4 x 6, 5 x 7, 8 x10 etc. So you can choose your desired paper size and click ok. For example, I choose a 5 x 7 paper size.
- If you choose 4 x6, 8 x 10 paper sizes skip this step. Go to image > image rotation > 90 degree CW.
- Copy your image or move your photo by drag and drop to your newly created page.
- Move your image to the top right corner.
- Now copy your image or paste it multiple times. Or you can hold alt and mouse left click button to copy this image. Repeat this step for making 15 copies. If you found some step complicated, see this video.
Make Passport size Photo Automatically
Everyone like faster process. Making passport size photo every day it’s a very boring task. So, you can automate the process by just a few clicks.
- Open your photo and crop it.
- Go to window > workspace > reset workplace. In latest Photoshop version, name change to reset workspace to reset essentially. Now see that in Photoshop right side a box with history and action tab, if you not find that, go to window and click on action tools or simply the press the short key alt + f9
- After finding the history and action tab, in action tab, click on create a new action icon.
- After that, new action dialogue box will open. Write any name in name, I write passport size photo action, now you can set your function key. after clicking on the record button, create your photo from again manually, make sure you can use the short key every time if possible. After clicking on the stop button. Your work will record.
- Now you can quickly create passport size photo in just seconds or minutes.
- Ok, I explain, crop your photo again, and press your shortcut key that you use for action, your photo was created automatically.
- You can also save and load your action for future use.
- In action tab, select your action, in the top right side you will see down arrow icon, click on it, you will see many options, just click on save action and hit ok, you can also load the action from same techniques.
Create stamp or ticket size photo
You won’t need to create more work for ticket size photo, you just change the crop size. write your width 0.7, height 0.9 and resolution 300 and crop the photo and use same techniques.
Create Passport size Photo Using Automate command
I personally really like this option because this option will create photos automatically and you don’t require to do any manual works. Automate has a lot of tools to take your task complete very easily, We can talk about all automate function one by one.
Suppose, you need to create 20 or higher number passport size photo very urgently, if you do this work manually or using action command, it takes time and you are also bored. So let find a solution for that step by step.
- First of all, create a new folder and paste your all photos.
- Go to file > automate > batch, a Photoshop batch dialogue box open.
- Now select your action that you were created previously for making photo automatically. After that select source as the folder then click on choose folder and select your folder and click ok. Now choose the destination, you have three option for the destination.
- None – if you choose none, the photo will create and you need to save one by one.
- Save and Close – if you choose to save and close option, photo will create and save automatically,
- Folder- Sometimes this option complicated, but it’s easy, if you choose this option, your photo will save in a folder. But you need write some extension name for that. After that click on ok.
Contact Sheet II
- with the contact sheet, you can easily create your photo with the caption, but how
- Go to automate > Contact Sheet II, A contact sheet dialogue box will open.
- Click on browse button and choose your photos folder, if you have multiple folders in one folder, tick on include subfolder.
- In the document section, choose your width, height, resolution and mode RGB.
- If you want to use the caption, tick on use filename caption, otherwise leave it. You can also check out other option if you will need and hit ok. Your contact sheet ready within a minute.
This is a great tool but I don’t why Photoshop removes this option to the latest version. If you want to use this option, you need to use photoshop 7.0 or older version.
- Go to automate > picture package, a picture package dialogue box will open.
- You can choose source file or folder, and click on browse button and select the file or folder, for picture package, I think files are good.
- Under document section, you can also choose page size, layout, resolution and mode according to your requirement. If you want to use the label on your photo, you can customize it under label section and click ok. Your picture package is ready in few seconds.
So what you think, I know, you have some question, so don’t hesitate to ask in the comment section. I also want to know, which method is good for making the photo.